‘JUDGE JUDY’ IS #1 SYNDICATED SHOW IN MAY SWEEP, GROWS +9% YEAR TO YEAR
‘Wheel of Fortune,' ‘Jeopardy!' and ‘Inside Edition'
All Up Vs. May 2013 Sweep
CBS Television Distribution Is the Sweeps Leader
With 7 of the Top 10 Shows in First-Run Syndication
LOS ANGELES – June 4, 2014 – CBS Television Distribution's JUDGE JUDY was the #1 show in syndication for the May sweep, with a 7.3 HH rating.
JUDGE JUDY grew +9% vs. the May 2013 sweep (6.7 HH), beating its nearest competitor by +284%. JUDY's 7.3 HH rating is more than all 5 other court shows combined (7.2 HH).
In talk, DR.PHIL claimed the top spot once again with a 3.4 HH rating. DR. PHIL grew +13% vs. the May 2013 sweep (3.0 HH) and was 0.6 of a ratings point higher than its nearest competitor ("Live With Kelly and Michael," 2.8 HH).
WHEEL OF FORTUNE and JEOPARDY! turned in impressive sweep performances. Powered by the Decades Tournament, where former champions from the show's first three decades returned to play against each other, JEOPARDY! leaped +12% year to year to a 6.5 HH rating (vs. 5.8 HH in May 2013). JEOPARDY! was the #2 game show.
WHEEL OF FORTUNE, the #1 game show, grew +6% to a 6.7 HH rating (vs. 6.3 HH in May 2013).
Among magazine shows, ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT led the genre once again with a 3.3 HH rating. The #2 newsmagazine INSIDE EDITION increased +3% to a 3.0 HH rating (vs. 2.9 HH), one of only two magazines to grow sweep to sweep.
CTD led the May Sweep with 7 of the top 10 shows in first-run syndication. The top 10 first-run syndicated shows of the February Sweep are:
Program HH AA% Distributor
1. Judge Judy 7.3 CBS Television Distribution
1. Wheel of Fortune 6.7 CBS Television Distribution
3. Jeopardy! 6.5 CBS Television Distribution
4. Family Feud 5.1 Debmar Mercury
5. Dr. Phil 3.4 CBS Television Distribution
6. Entertainment Tonight 3.3 CBS Television Distribution
7. Wheel of Fortune – weekend 3.1 CBS Television Distribution
8. Inside Edition 3.0 CBS Television Distribution
9. Live With Kelly and Michael 2.8 ABC Disney
10. Ellen Degeneres 2.7 Warner Bros.
Source: Nielsen Media Research, April 24, 2014-May 21, 2014, Live Plus Same Day US HH AA%